I definitely ate too many of these while making them. I mean, can you blame me though? They’re the perfect snack-sized granola clusters. It always happen with granola, doesn’t it? You go in a for a handful one minute and find an empty bag and yell YOLO the next.
I was in the process of making granola but these sorta happened because I got too cluster-happy. I mean, why it took me so long to figure out that I can make big ass granola clusters myself is beyond me.
I brought a batch for my friend this past weekend to try and he goes, “oh, thanks for the cookies!” Ummm, no Kyle. I didn’t give you cookies. I gave you GRANOLA. Aka I did something good for you! #beachbod #springbreakready
When I think of sea salt caramel I think of beaches, summertime, and eating ice cream on the boardwalk. These are slightly reminescent of summertime (it’s a high of 70 degrees today…OMG thankgoodness!) with its slightly caramel-y sweet taste. I added chocolate chips for good measure because a little chocolate chip-y texture with granola is the perfect touch.
These pair perfectly with the Arctic Zero Salted Caramel flavor. I like how I get hints of sea salt through out. It’s perfect for a night in with your friends while catching up over Gilmore Girls. Orrr perfect just by yourself, just eatin’ a pint and watching Gilmore Girls. The world is at your spoon!
- 2.5 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup spelt flour*
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt ( I like to use Pink Sea Salt)
- 1/3 cup premium dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In saucepan, melt coconut oil on medium heat. Stir in coconut sugar until melted.
- Add in vanilla extract and almond milk and stir until combined.
- Combine oats, flour, chia seeds, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add liquid mixture to the dry and mix well.
- Whisk in egg. Mix until a "dough" consistency forms.
- Break off granola chunks to desired size on to a spray oven pan.
- Bake 40 minutes, stirring the granola every 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool. Granola will firm up as it cools.
- Mix with chocolate chips .
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Can sub in oat flour to make gluten free.*