In the midst of some serious spring/summer cleaning and redecorating, I had 2 thing come across my mind:
- You can really collect a lot of useless junk in 4 years. (I have 25 new mugs, and no extra storage space)
- I need cookies.
Because apparently intensely cleaning out school binders and dusting off my middle school Birkenstocks (I still have these?!) can really take a toll on you.This is a very simple grain-free cookie recipe that uses a base of almond butter and coconut flour. The result is a very soft cookie, mainly due to the moisture from the almond butter. The almond butter also makes it a very satiating and filling cookie – to keep you from eating the entire batch (no guarantees). It’s perfect for a mid-day pick me up – but really an all around great (grain-free) treat! Also, what can’t almond butter do? I’m keeping the stud muffin around. Speaking of muffins….well, I’ll save that for a rainy day.
Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
(yields 12 cookies)
1 cup creamy almond butter (I used Justin’s original almond butter)
1/4 cup coconut flour
3 tbsp honey
3 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
2. Mix all ingredients (except chocolate chips) together.
3. Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
4. Spray an oven pan with non stick spray and place 1 tbsp of dough per cookie onto sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Allow for cookies to cool for at least 15 minutes before transferring (or just eat them hot) – cookies will be SOFT!
***Store in refrigerator overnight for a better consistency. This will allow for them to firm up – I have to admit they taste even better cold out of the fridge the next day!